Stila Major Lash Mascara

I hate to post negative reviews – but as a beauty addict and blogger, I’d be wrong to not share when I’m less than impressed with a product (especially one I have high hopes for!). Several weeks ago Hautelook featured a sale on Stila, one of the first makeup brands I ever fell in love with. Being in need of new mascara, Stila Major Lash Mascara founds its way to my shopping cart.

Here is what Stila has to say about Major Lash Mascara ($8.50):





I have to say – I’m really glad that I didn’t get around to writing this review right away. Because my opinion changed, big time. The first few times I used this mascara, I loved it! Application was easy and clump free, and I really liked how it made my lashes look longer and more defined. It was a different look that what I’m used to with my regular standby, Diorshow (which I love) – but it wasn’t different in bad way. I liked the more natural look, which is perfect for daytime.

However, just about two weeks later, my opinion has unfortunately changed for the worse. While all mascaras seem to dry out or become prone to clumpiness after a few months, Stila Major Lash Mascara has prematurely aged, and badly. Clumps, clumps, clumps, and more clumps.

To no avail, I’ve tried all the tricks I know to get more life out of this mascara. I’ve tried to be super careful to sweep the brush back and forth as I apply. I’ve tried to spin the applicator on the way out of the bottle to remove excess product. And I’ve tried my most trusty trick – heating up the mascara bottle with my blow dryer prior to application – with little to no improvement.

While I still love Stila, the Major Lash Mascara is just not for me. Have you tried it? We’d love to hear your opinion in the comments below!

Reviewed Here

Leave reply

Back to Top